Laura C Cole and BowPosh hand make their garter sets, head pieces and sashes; therefore, each are considered custom as most are made-to-order. A basic size guide is available for reference but it is preferred that custom measurements are submitted at time of purchase to ensure a proper fit unless it is noted "one size fits all".
1. With a fabric measuring tape (inexpensive ones are sold at craft stores or stores such as Walmart), Wrap the tape around your thigh where you are planning to wear your garter or garter set (a set consists of a keepsake garter for the bride and a toss garter that is tossed by the groom).
- The most popular area is about 4-5 inches above the top of the knee.
2. The measuring tape end (at inch 1) should meet the number (15", 16", etc.) around your leg comfortably, not tight. The tape should not be loose enough that a finger fit underneath but not so tight that the skin puffs out around the tape.
3. Submit the comfortable measurement during checkout for proper sizing. Sets made with lace or other elastic style materials will be adjusted according to these measurements so please submit a confident circumference that you feel will be accurate on your event date or wedding day.
1. With a fabric measuring tape (inexpensive ones are sold at craft stores or stores such as Walmart), Wrap the tape around your waist where you are planning to wear your sash. This method is necessary for sashes that may not "tie" in the back but are fitted. Most sashes will be one size fits all unless otherwise stated. You can still use this method if you are unsure if the ties will be long enough after tying your bow or knot. Length of ties will be stated.
- Long legs- With a short waist, measure the narrowest part for your sash so it draws the attention in and does not focus on the hips, the widest part (unless you want a hip style sash which we do carry depending on the style of your gown). It may appear as an empire waist line to some.
- Balanced body- Measure any section of your torso that is most comfortable to you and goes with your gown style.
- Long waist- Measure an inch or two above belly button area or where you feel most comfortable wearing your sash according to your gown style.
Many of our veils are made with combs, clips or headbands and are considered one size fits all. The length of the netting or the veil portion of the piece will be stated.
- Birdcage netting- With a fabric measuring tape, place the end on the crown area on the top of the head (or where you plan for your veil to start- many of these styles sit further forward near the forehead) and hold the tape vertically down your face and mark where you would like the netting to end. Depending on the length of the netting that is stated, this will give you an idea where to position your comb, clip or headband.
- Traditional- Traditional veils are made with illusion tulles, illusion gauze or transparent silks. There are numerous styles that are attached with a comb. They can be worn on the crown of the head, with a crystal hair comb accent, toward the back, in the back and underneath a back hair bun. Sizes and lengths will be stated and are one size fits all.
Short- similar to birdcage styles only made with traditional fabrics.
- For these styles measure the same way you would for a birdcage veil. This will give an idea on where you would like to place your short style veil and how you want it to fall on your face. Some styles are designed to point to the back so they will not cover the forehead or face.
Short- to the shoulders
Medium- mid upper arm
Long- to the floor
Long- cathedral, long train styles
- Adult headbands are normally 18" and up in circumference. Even with a standard size as such, we encourage a circumference be given during checkout unless the item states a one size fits all size, ex. a headband with ties (if a baby tie back, please state your circumference size if purchasing for a teen or adult).
- Children headbands are from newborn to teens. Even with the basic sizing guide, we encourage a circumference be given during checkout unless the item states a one size fits all size, ex. a headband with ties (if a baby tie back, please state your circumference size if purchasing for a teen or adult).